Saturday, April 24, 2010

Get "no module" or "empty module" message when I click on my IE.?

before I take this to the computer repair place can someone give me an idea why. IN other words, when I click on IE I cannot open any web sites at all. Thank you for your help and possibly saving me a lot of $$$!



I have a dial up modem on a Sony VAIO that is only about 2 yrs old



Get "no module" or "empty module" message when I click on my IE.?windows updates





Sounds like your Internet Explorer is corrupted,I suggest a repair of the program files.



This is quite easy and there are two ways to go about it.



Method 1: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x Repair for Windows XP



From the Start menu, select Run.



In the Open field, type sfc /scannow (Note: There is a space between sfc and /scannow)



Select the OK button.



Follow the prompts throughout the System File Checker process.



Reboot the computer when System File Checker completes.



Method 2: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x Repair for Windows XP



From the Start menu, select Search, select All Files and Folders.



Select More Advanced Options and place a checkmark beside Search Hidden Files and Folders option.



Ensure that Search System Folders and Search Subfolders are also checked.



In the All or Part of the File Name box, type ie.inf



In the Look In drop-down menu, select C: or the letter of the hard drive that contains the Windows folder.



Click the Search button.



In the search results pane, find the ie.inf file located in Windows\Inf folder.



Right click the ie.inf file and click Install on the context menu.



Reboot the computer when the file copy process is complete.



That should fix your problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting servers