Saturday, April 24, 2010

Blog goes to the wrong area (only in IE)?

http://mybrandofheroin.majestic-skies.ne...



That's my site. For some reason in IE the blog section goes wacky. I use a Safari and FireFox browser so I never noticed this until a friend pointed it out. I use PHP inserts also, so "view source" wont work.



Here's a link to a text document containing my index, header, and css:



http://mybrandofheroin.majestic-skies.ne...



Thanks in advance.



Blog goes to the wrong area (only in IE)?windows mobile





On a quick breeze



%26lt;div style="text-align:justify; padding:3px; margin-top:3px; margin-bottom:5px; "%26gt;



Take a look with the text alignment....see if thats has anything to do with it. I ran into problems like that before except I was focusing on IE and it goes out of wack on Firefox and Safari.



Blog goes to the wrong area (only in IE)?safari browser internet explorer



I think that the problem is with this in your style sheet



DIV.content



{



LEFT: 10px;



WIDTH: 550px;



BORDER-BOTTOM: #b9d6d7 3px solid;



POSITION: absolute;



TOP: 470px



}



The "POSITION: absolute;" could be causing the problem.



use "MARGIN-LEFT: 10px;" instead of specifying the



LEFT and TOP positions, and delete the "POSITION: absolute;". That would be my first try, but I have not really looked into your code very much.
div.content {



border-bottom: 3px solid #b9d6d7;



margin-left: 10px;



width: 550px;



margin-bottom: 30px



}



div.menu {



border-bottom : 5px solid #b9d6d7;



float: right;



position: relative;



right: 60px;



width :210px;



}



As for the IE issues. That should take care of it. If not, then do a conditional comment and make separate IE stylesheets.



http://brucelawson.co.uk/index.php/2005/...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting servers