Saturday, April 24, 2010

How can I remove / uninstall the yahoo tool bar installed on my IE browser?

The Yahoo tool bar on my IE browser does keep its settings and it is acting more like a virus program or something. I went to add and remove programs and uninstalled the program, but the tool bar is still there. The program does not show up in the programs list anymore either.



How can I remove / uninstall the yahoo tool bar installed on my IE browser?microsoft project





Try reinstalling yahoo toolbar again. And, uninstall



How can I remove / uninstall the yahoo tool bar installed on my IE browser?microsoft powerpoint internet explorer



Try going to Tools --%26gt; Manage Add-ons and disabling it there. Won't uninstall it, but might at least make it quit bothering you.
RESOLUTION



To remove the Yahoo! Companion browser toolbar, follow these steps:



1.Start Microsoft Internet Explorer.



2.On the Yahoo! Companion browser toolbar, click the Edit button (it appears as a pencil), and then click Remove Yahoo! Companion on the shortcut menu that appears.



NOTE: If you cannot see the Edit button, expand the Yahoo! Companion toolbar.



3.You receive the following message:



Uninstalling will remove Yahoo! Companion from your browser.



Do you still want to remove Yahoo! Companion?



Click Yes.



4.You receive the following message:



Yahoo! Companion has been uninstalled. Please restart your browser.



Click OK.



5.Quit Internet Explorer, and then restart it.



PS You can change to an alternative browser like Mozilla Fire Fox and don't export settings.
Try reinstalling yahoo toolbar again. And, uninstall. It's worked for me. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting servers