Saturday, April 24, 2010

I can connect to AIM and Ares but not Firefox, AOL or IE. WTF?

This is quite odd. I recently moved my computer desk and had to dissconnect all the wires. But now that I plugged my internet connection back in ... none of my web browsers will work. AIM will connect and so will Ares. But Firefox, AOL, IE and Winamp all sit there with the loading notification continuously going. Does anyone know what is wrong?



Also ... I have a router which connects two computers to the internet. I've unplugged the connection to my computer plenty of times and had no problem after plugging it back in. But this time I also had to unplug my connection from the router... I'm guessing something happened there? I've never unplugged the wire from my router. And now that I did ... I'm having problems....



I can connect to AIM and Ares but not Firefox, AOL or IE. WTF?internet browser





sounds like firewall settings - check on that.



firewall can be in router also -Your?



no other idea.



I can connect to AIM and Ares but not Firefox, AOL or IE. WTF?windows media center internet explorer



Try restarting the router.
try resetting the router, sone routers when you unplug them you have to set up the connection again, i use an okder usb modem and it is fine but an ethernet connected router with its own power supply is not

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting servers