Friday, November 27, 2009

Can no longer print Yahoo mail with Firefox - any easy or automated way to transfer my FF bookmarks

I'm tired of dealing with this annoying issue. It worked OK for nearly two years but sometime in the last few weeks or so I constantly have to go to IE to successfully print Yahoo mail. I see others having the same kind of issues. As much as I hate to do it, I think it's time to go back to IE (at least for the time being). Looking for suggestions on getting all my Firefox bookmarks transferred to IE.



Can no longer print Yahoo mail with Firefox - any easy or automated way to transfer my FF bookmarks to IE?windows vista home premium





Really nothing you can do to transfer your bookmarks. You will have to do it manually.



Can no longer print Yahoo mail with Firefox - any easy or automated way to transfer my FF bookmarks to IE?ie tab internet explorerI was able to export the FF bookmarks - which creates a single HTML file. Then in IE I could do an import of that file which added all the bookmarks to the end of any existing IE Favorites. For a while there I thought I'd recreating these one entry at a time. Report It


Try this before going back to IE.



The latest Firefox always would crash on me when I visited my Yahoo! Mail. One possible reason is the bug caused by the stand alone Yahoo! Messenger application. The Yahoo! Application State plugin must be turned off for Y-mail to work properly.



Try the following:



(1)Type "about:plugins" in the Location Bar of your Firefox browser and press Enter. A list of installed plugins should come up.



(2)Look for "Yahoo! Application State" ("npYState.dll") in the installed plugins list.



(3)If the file is listed, close Firefox completely. Open the C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\shared folder then rename the file "npYState.dll" to "XnpYState.dll". This will disable the plugin.



Restart your browser and test your Y-mail. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting servers