Sunday, November 29, 2009

I've deleted firefox, now Yahoo mail won't open in IE from messenger.?

My stepson persuaded me that Firefox would be a good idea as well as Internet Explorer.



Immediatly I noticed that some programmes would open in Firefox but no longer in IE (Yahoo mail, and profiles, accessed from Messenger friends list, as an example), and (to be honest) I didn't like Firefox.



So I asked my stepson, an IT technician, whether if I removed Firefox it would revert to IE as a default. He said yes.



I now cannot access Yahoo mail from Yahoo messenger friends list....



Has anyone got any idea's short of deleting and re-installing Yahoo?



I've deleted firefox, now Yahoo mail won't open in IE from messenger.?ies





You may not have to re-install yahoo at all. When you installed Firefox it probably set itself to be the default internet browser..which could explain why you can't open stuff anymore. To revert back to IE just go to Tools--%26gt;Internet Options--%26gt;click the Programs tab--%26gt; then hit the Make Default button.



I've deleted firefox, now Yahoo mail won't open in IE from messenger.?windows update internet explorerI had the same problem, but only on Windows Vista. I resolved this by problem by going to tools %26gt; Internet Options %26gt; Programs %26gt; Set Programs %26gt; and selecting Microsoft? Windows? then clicking OK. Problem solved! Soul_Traveller Report It


maybe you should try changing the settings or reinstaling messenger. sorry, you said not reinstall... I would change the settings or email support. they usually know exactly what to do.
Remove yahoo and re download it, when removing firefox you removed files that make yahoo work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting servers