Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Do you need SP 2 to run IE 7?

Do you have to have any of the service packs installed to run IE 7 or can you get it without? If so, will it slow down my computer if I am already running a firewall and anti virus software? Thanks in advance for any assistance!!



Do you need SP 2 to run IE 7?windows firewall





Here's what Microsoft say:



http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/...



Do you need SP 2 to run IE 7?microsoft frontpage internet explorer



As far as i can tell you do.
If your running Windows XP Home or Pro, I would strongly recommend to install SP2, it does fix other problems as well, incl security issues.



I would not try to install IE 7 on any version of XP with just SP1, although it could work, but why risk having to rebuild your operating system.
Yes you'll need Windows XP SP 2 to install Internet Exploiter 7,



I've got 2 computers, 1 running SP2 %26amp; it runs like a dream. the other computer runs XP with no service packs, and I've tried to installl it, but it won't allow it to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting servers