Sunday, November 29, 2009

Internet Explorer Toolbar frustration: how can I get IE 6 back if I never had it before?

My computer crashed and I had to restore my harddrive.. so I lost all the information on it. My computer was back to factory default settings. I had to reinstall all my programs including Internet Explorer and I automatically got the newest version (IE7). I was using 6 before and I hate this one - or rather the toolbar.



The possibilty of removing the program from the Control Panel isn't an option, because I have no prior program.



Anything I can do? Is there anyway I can get rid of the toolbar or get IE 6 back?



Internet Explorer Toolbar frustration: how can I get IE 6 back if I never had it before?windows xp service





To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 to return to Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP



Click "Start," and then click "Control Panel."



Click "Add or Remove Programs."



Check "Show Updates" at the top of the dialog box.



Scroll down the list and highlight the version of Internet Explorer 7 that you are running, and then click "Change/Remove."



Uninstall that,restart your PC and you are on IE6



Internet Explorer Toolbar frustration: how can I get IE 6 back if I never had it before?microsoft xp internet explorer



Just UN install it you will get IE6 back.
"Simply right-click anywhere on your Internet Explorer toolbar and the toolbar menu appears. The checked toolbars are currently displayed. To add a toolbar to the display, select the name of the toolbar. To remove a toolbar from the display, just reverse the procedure.



"Traditionalists, please note that Microsoft understands that you might like your standard toolbar the way it used to be. To return it to its pre-Internet Explorer 7 form, select Classic Menu, and the classic menu appears"
If you go to the little Settings button, then you can uncheck the buttons that you don't want. To make the whole thing just go away, then you can just delete it from the control panel -%26gt; add/remove programs (I think).
You can download Internet Explorer 6 and Service Pack 1 at the same time from this link.



http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/...



It isn't necessarily true that you will revert to IE6 if you uninstall IE7, if you never had 6 to begin with. Download this, uninstall IE7, then restart the computer, then install IE6. Once IE7 is gone, the IE7 toolbar will also be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting servers