Sunday, November 29, 2009

Is there any reason why a laptop will not connect to the internet using IE using a wireless network?

I have a Linksys wireless router that I use to connect all my computers to the internet. I have 2 PC's and 2 laptops. The PC鈥檚 are wired and the laptops are wireless. Up until I connected the laptops to the wireless router, they both worked fine both wired and at various places using wireless internet. Now one of the laptops will not connect to the internet. It says it is connected and shows it has signal but the only thing that works is Mozilla. IE, ITunes and Yahoo IM will not connect. When I try to use these programs, it gives me the error message that I am not connected to the internet. I spoke with a Linksys rep who took me through my settings for both my laptop and my router. They eventually told me that even though the problem started when I hooked up their router the problem is not with them. I tried reinstalling IE and that did not work. There are certain programs I need to access through the internet that only work with IE so only having Mozilla is not an option for me. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be?



Is there any reason why a laptop will not connect to the internet using IE using a wireless network?windows xp sp2





While I don't have a direct solution to your problem(I'd probably have to look at your computer) I have a tip for you that could be a good workaround until you get the situation fixed. You can install an extension for firefox that lets it act like IE so anytime you get to one of those sites that require IE you just click the little icon in the corner of the browser and boom! instant IE tab. It works for me and its alot easier than messing with two browsers!



You can download it from download.com at this link: http://www.download.com/IE-Tab/3000-1174...



It's pretty useful...check it out!



Is there any reason why a laptop will not connect to the internet using IE using a wireless network?microsoft sql server internet explorer



the router has a firewall! it is possable the firewall is blocking the connection! if one this is connectiong and all the others is not, it is definitly a firewall

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting servers